Did you know that 90% of marketers utilize content marketing in their strategies to get better sales results? Well, we are here to convince the rest of the 10% to start using content marketing statistics, too!
Content marketing is a powerful tool that can exponentially increase your overall business performance. It increases your brand It boosts the brand awareness by delivering them exactly what they desire. by giving the consumers exactly what they want, thereby helping your business to grow and reach new heights. Moreover, it helps streamline a buyer’s decision-making journey and enables them to make informed decisions.
We have compiled a list of content marketing statistics to show you just how helpful it can be. These content marketing facts are sure to convince you to focus on the marketing strategy.
Table of Contents
- Importance of Content Marketing
- Most Achieved Content Marketing Goal
- Content Strategy Statistics
- B2B Content Marketing Statistics
- B2C Statistics
- Organic Search Statistics
- Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- Stats on SEO and Content
- Content Marketing and Blogging Statistics
- Audio and Podcast Statistics
- Images Content Marketing Statistics
- Video Content Statistics
- Webinar Marketing Statistics
- Interactive Content Marketing Stats
- Mobile Content Marketing Stats
- Email Marketing Statistics
- Statistics on Content Marketing Channels
- People Facing Digital Fatigue
Importance of Content Marketing
Content marketing is an essential part of any marketing strategy and a vital tool for getting desired results. As you read this post, you will learn about various content marketing growth statistics. These stats will give you more insight into why so many marketers are now turning to content marketing.
Find various other reasons why content marketing is essential –
More people get to know about your brand
You can expand your audience base through content marketing. Publishing informative content related to your brand and product helps get people familiar with your business. In a way, it increases people’s awareness of your brand.
It is a lot lighter on your pocket
Content marketing has proven to be more cost-effective than other marketing strategies. It is a viable long-term strategy which is more affordable than running ads.
Your business becomes more visible on search engines
Updating your website with engaging content regularly does wonders for your SEO rankings. Adding trending keywords and phrases to your content will make it rank higher on search engines. As a result, your business visibility will increase.
You make more sales
Most people prefer to engage with a brand’s content to get information about their products. It is mainly the content that helps buyers make an informed decision. You will have better chances of getting more lead conversions if you publish more content related to your product or service.
Here’s a complete content marketing guide.
Most Achieved Content Marketing Goal
Here are some content marketing stats that show how companies achieved their content marketing goals-
- 55% of marketers improved the quality of their content.
- 35% of marketers optimized their websites by adding more content to them.
- 21% of brands optimized mobile-focused content.
- 41% of marketers created more video and visual content.
- 24% of marketers diversified the kind of content they posted.
- 38% of brands repurposed and enhanced their existing content according to the market trends.
- 46% of brands focused on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- 26% of brands researched their target audience and worked on optimizing the customer journey.
Statistics on Content Marketing Usage
A lot of businesses integrate content marketing into their overall business marketing strategies and use it to promote their solutions and products. Here are a few interesting content marketing facts to supplement your information –
- 90% of marketers use content marketing in their marketing strategies.
- 97% of the marketers using content marketing claim that it was an integral part of their past year’s marketing strategies.
- 57% of marketers have a thoroughly documented content marketing strategy.
- 60% of marketers say they publish at least one content piece daily.
- 93% of B2B marketers prefer to use content marketing.
- 42% of marketers are using content marketing after realizing its importance.
1. Content Strategy Statistics
It is worth reiterating that content marketing strategy has become integral to a business’s overall marketing strategy. Here are some content marketing stats to prove this –
- 70% of marketers actively invest in content marketing.
- 60% of marketers use sales as an indicator of the success of their content marketing strategies.
- 82% of marketers utilize content marketing strategies actively.
- 86% of organizations have created separate content marketing departments to plan their content marketing strategies.
- Over 81% of marketers want to increase their original written content.
- Measuring web traffic is one of the top two contenders for the success of content marketing strategies.The other is total sales.
- Total sales are the top contender for measuring the total success of content marketing strategies.
- 57% of companies have a content marketing strategy in place.
- Content marketing gives 3x more sales than outbound marketing.
- Content marketing is more affordable than outbound marketing in the long run as it costs 62% less.
2. B2B Content Marketing Statistics
- 92% of B2B marketers think their content is their most valuable asset.
- 75% of B2B marketers use blogging as part of their social media content.
- 68% of B2B marketers plan to add more visual elements to their content.
- 41% of B2B marketers use social media to promote their content.
- 60% of B2B marketers think web traffic is a crucial indicator of the success of their content.
- 41% of B2B content marketers think sales leads are an essential indicator of the success of their content.
- There are 5 formats that B2B marketers commonly use as channels for their content marketing. They are – email (93%), social media (92%), blogs (79%), in-person events (56%), and webinars (55%)
- The most-successful B2B companies use all 5 channels of content marketing to circulate their content.
- 66% of B2B marketers prefer using paid channels to market their content.
3. B2C Statistics
Many B2C companies use content marketing to spread awareness about their brands. Here are some B2C companies content marketing statistics –
- 49% of B2C marketers outsource their content writing and marketing.
- 94% of B2C marketers plan to develop their content marketing.
- Facebook was the reigning platform for B2C marketers to publish their content in 2020.
- Up to 72% of B2C marketers used paid content marketing channels in 2020.
- On average, B2C marketers reserve over 26% of their overall budget for content marketing.
- 62% of B2C marketers want to use influencer marketing in their strategies.
- The top three types of content B2C marketers used in 2019 were social media (94%), blog posts (80%), and emailed newsletters (74%).
- Highly-successful B2C marketers reserve over 40% of their overall budget for content marketing.
4. Organic Search Statistics
More organic searches for your business or blog indicate the success of your content marketing strategy. Needless to say, getting more organic leads through content is essential for many modern businesses.
Here are some content marketing stats related to organic search results for you –
- You can increase your page clicks and visits by 437% if you rename your existing title with an optimized title.
- Only 0.83% of visitors go to page 2 of Google.
- Businesses with proper marketing strategies save up to 41% of their budget for SEO optimization.
- 73% of customers trust and buy from businesses that have reviews on online platforms.
- 97% of customers research a company or product on the internet.
- 88% of users look at online reviews before buying from a local business.
5. Content Marketing ROI Statistics
Content marketing is known to yield greater ROI for the marketers incorporating it in their marketing strategies. Here are some great content marketing growth statistics for you to look at and share with others –
- Marketers prioritizing blogging and blog posts are 13x more likely to drive greater ROI.
- Publishing 2-4 blog posts weekly increases conversion rates and traffic. Try our free blog post generator to create converting blog posts.
- Businesses with active blogs get 126% more leads than those that do not blog.
- 61% of businesses state that they measure their content marketing ROI.
- Conversion rates are 6x higher for businesses that publish content than those that do not.
- B2B marketers that blog garner 67% more leads.
- 80% of marketers focus on the engagement they get on their primary social media platforms to measure their social media success.
6. Stats on SEO and Content
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most crucial aspects of good content marketing. Many companies employ SEO content strategy to get unique traffic directed towards their sites.
- SEO is believed to be the key to online growth and success by 61% of marketers.
- 82% of marketers who have implemented an SEO strategy stated that it had a ‘positive impact’ on their business.
- Businesses with proper marketing strategies save up to 41% of their budget for SEO optimization.
- SEO-optimized blogs get 1000% more traffic than social media promotions.
- SEO leads have a closing rate of 15%
- 70% of marketers say SEO generates more leads for their business than PPC does.
- 60% of marketers state that SEO generates hot leads .
- 69% of marketers invest time and resources in SEO strategies.
7. Content Marketing and Blogging Statistics
Blogging is an important aspect of content marketing. A lot of companies now post blogs to generate traffic for their websites. Here are some content marketing facts related to blogs –
- 41% of bloggers prefer to create content centered around original material and research.
- 22% of bloggers published new blog posts weekly in 2021.
- Bloggers who write 3000+ words in their blogs see substantial results.
- Bloggers who put 6+ hours into writing and researching their blogs get better results.
- 43% of readers prefer to skim through blog posts.
- 47% of bloggers add 2-3 images to their blogs.
- 55% of marketers state that blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
- B2B companies with more than 400+ blog posts noticed 2.5x more traffic than the ones with 200 or fewer blog posts.
- B2B businesses publishing 11+ blog posts per month get 3.75x more leads.
- 83% of B2C marketers use blog posts to promote their platforms.
8. Audio and Podcast Statistics
Audio content and sales podcasts have quickly become trending options for marketers. Podcasts have become very popular amongst the masses. Many people prefer listening to audio content and podcasts instead of reading written content. Here are some audio and podcast-related content marketing stats –
- Around 120 million people tune into podcasts every month.
- People aged 35-54 are the most common podcast listeners.
- 31% of podcast listeners tune into Spotify podcasts.
- 18% of podcast listeners prefer Pandora podcasts.
- 52% of men and 48% of women are podcast listeners.
- 17% of marketers want to bring podcasts into their marketing strategies.
- People spend around 16 hours and 14 minutes per week listening to podcasts.
9. Images Content Marketing Statistics
Images are a fun way of ensuring that your written content does not seem mind-numbing to your consumers. They add the much-needed visual element to your blog posts and ensure the consumers’ attention stays intact. Here are some visual content marketing stats for you to look at –
- B2B marketers have incorporated infographics into their content marketing. Now, a staggering 67% of B2B marketers use infographics.
- Infographics are the third-most used content.
- 28% of marketers spend 2-5 hours a week creating visual content.
- 80% of marketers use images in their posts for social media.
- Instagram became the most used social media platform for content marketing (2021).
- Facebook posts with images garner 2.3x more engagement than those without any images.
- Tweets with embedded images get 150% more engagement than those without.
10. Video Content Statistics
As of late, consumers prefer videos over static images. With the steady rise in video consumption, many marketers have started adding dynamic video content to their promotions. And their efforts have brought positive results for sure. Here are some video metrics for you –
- 74% of marketers say that videos get better ROI than static images.
- 66% of businesses do not incorporate videos into their content marketing because they are time-consuming.
- Twitter garners over 2 million video views every day.
- 64% of consumers purchase after viewing a branded video.
- 29% of marketers expect to use short-form video formats for the first time this year.
- Consumers aged 18-34 consume at least one video daily (74%).
- 64% of consumers get influenced to purchase after watching a Facebook video.
- 97% of marketers have reported that videos helped their customers understand their products better.
- 81% of marketers plan to incorporate video content into their video marketing strategies in the next few years.
11. Webinar Marketing Statistics
Webinars are a tried-and-tested marketing tactic. They are used to create better interpersonal relationships with clients and provide in-depth information about your products and services. Webinars are very popular in the B2B community.
- More than half of marketers rely on webinars to market their products.
- 95% of marketers felt that webinars were vital for their marketing campaigns.
- 89% of marketers believe webinars generate more qualified leads than any other channel.
- 33% of marketers use interactive tools in their webinars for more engagement.
- The pharmaceutical industry has the most significant live attendance rate on average (63%) compared to other sectors.
- 60-minute webinars get more attendance and attention as opposed to 30-minute webinars.
- 78% of buyers don’t attend webinars that are too ‘salesy’ or marketing-focused.
- 44% of buyers don’t attend webinars when they think the topic is not attractive.
12. Interactive Content Marketing Stats
Interactive content has been on the rise. Many marketers and brands now use interactive marketing content to gain a wider audience. Let’s take a look at the list of interactive content marketing statistics for you below –
- 88% of marketers state that interactive content helps brands differentiate themselves.
- 79% of marketers state that incorporating interactive content into other types of content marketing helps improve buyer retention.
- Website visitors are 80% more likely to watch an interactive video than to read written content.
- 63% of marketers use interactive content to educate their customers.
- 43% of customers prefer interactive videos over linear or standard videos.
- Over 71% of consumers state that they prefer AR-assisted shopping as it helps them make smarter purchase decisions.
- 68% of marketers repurpose their old content by adding interactive elements.
- 25% of virtual-reality (VR) users think it will become a valuable aspect of marketing in the future.
- Shoppable videos get 2x more engagement than standard videos.
13. Mobile Content Marketing Stats
People are ditching their laptops, desktops, and TVs in favor of their mobile devices. This is why marketers now aim to target more content toward mobile ads. We will now look at some interesting mobile content marketing statistics-
- People spend over 3 hours a day on their phones on average.
- Expenditure on mobile ads will surpass that on desktop ads this year, with 51% of shares in ad spending.
- Over 29% of consumers aged 18-34 say they enjoy seeing mobile ads.
- 94% of total Facebook ad revenues came from mobile ads in 2019.
- Mobiles bring two-thirds of e-commerce traffic.
- Marketers put 51% of their budgets aside for mobile ads.
- Mobiles account for 53% of paid-ad clicks.
- 60% of Google searches come from mobile devices.
- 80% of B2B consumers use their mobile phones to make purchases.
- 96% of mobile traffic is from Google.
- 59% of shoppers prefer to go to stores offering mobile shopping experiences.
14. Email Marketing Statistics
Emails have been the go-to channel for businesses to promote their brands and products. Emails help with in-depth outreach and communication. But lately, email marketing has seen a gradual decline. Many marketers have started allocating their email marketing funds to other marketing channels instead. However, email marketing still has a very booming market and you might not know about it. This is why we have compiled some statistics for you –
- Personalized subject lines in email outreach increased unique open rates by 27% and click-to-open rates by 11%.
- 72% of consumers state they are more likely to open emails offering discounts.
- 86% of professionals prefer using emails for business communications.
- Worldwide email marketing revenue is higher than $8,490,000,000, reports say.
- 61% of consumers would prefer if brands contacted them via email.
- Nearly 22% of email marketing campaigns are bound to open within the first hour of sending them.
- Fridays account for the highest email open rates, with nearly 19% of email opens.
- Brands that include A/B testing as a part of their email marketing strategy consistently get an ROI of 48:1.
- The global email marketing market is projected to have a value of $17.9 billion by 2027.
- 64% of small businesses use emails to get in touch with their customers.
15. Statistics on Content Marketing Channels
There are various diversified content marketing channels that marketers use nowadays. We have compiled a list of statistics in connection to these channels for you to look at –
- Social media is the most effective channel for B2C marketing campaigns.
- 74% of people use Facebook every day.
- Facebook and Youtube are the best channels to reach out to older demographics.
- Snapchat and Instagram are the best channels to reach out to younger demographics.
- 57% of all content is circulated on Facebook.
- Over 409 million people view 20 billion WordPress pages in a month.
- Over 120 million people listen to podcasts every month.
16. Statistics Showing The Impact of COVID-19 on Content Marketing
The COVID-19 outbreak was a massive setback for many businesses. Jobs went remote, and consumers started shopping online. As a result, businesses had to modify their marketing strategies in accordance with the pandemic. Here’s how companies navigated their way through this pandemic –
- Amazon, Meta, and Alphabet will account for half of the advertising market in 2025, thanks to acceleration from COVID-19.
- 44% of B2B marketers have ‘completely changed’ their marketing strategies because of the pandemic.
- Market budgets amount to just 6.4% of overall company revenue now.
- YouTube engagement remains high, showing growth in year-on-year watch time by TVs.
- 7% of businesses moved to outsource some of their functions.
- 29% explored new channels for their businesses.
- B2B companies saw an increase in marketing, with numbers jumping up to 76.6%
- Internet sales jumped from 12% in 2015-19 to 19.4% in February 2021.
- An estimated 8.2% of job loss occurred between February 2020 and February 2021 due to the pandemic.
People Facing Digital Fatigue
Now let’s talk about digital fatigue.
Wondering what that is?
It refers to the mental exhaustion which occurs from spending a lot of time on your digital screens. Digital fatigue has increased substantially during the pandemic because of people working remotely.
Many professionals have to devote a considerable chunk of their day flitting between different online platforms to communicate with their clients and colleagues effectively.
The increased usage of platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, emails, and messaging apps has begun to overwhelm everyone.
Consumers are also feeling the intense pressure of digital fatigue. Around ⅓ of consumers report feeling overwhelmed with digital fatigue. They get stressed about the number of devices and subscriptions they have to manage.
To battle digital fatigue, it is essential to balance your time. Try taking regular breaks from the screen to rest your mind and your eyes. Give yourself a chance to disconnect and relax.
Future of Content Marketing
Content marketing has a bright future ahead. As we have seen through the various content marketing statistics in this article, many businesses take content seriously as part of their marketing strategies. (Learn all about content marketing here.)
More consumers prefer to engage with content rather than outbound marketing. This gives marketers an incentive to leverage the potential of this marketing strategy. As interactive content marketing sees a steady rise, new and innovative ways of promoting brands and products have come up in the marketing sphere. We are sure that with a content marketing process in place, you will dominate the market years from now.
So, to the 10% of those marketers who still are not using content marketing, we hope you join the bandwagon in the near future! Content is the future of innovative marketing.
With content marketing statistics, you can understand how impactful content marketing can be and why you should put in efforts to streamline the strategy for your business. They give you the nudge to take action.
You can see an increase in sales with proper content marketing. It draws readers, lures them to engage with your product or service, and pushes them further down the sales funnel.
A good 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to get the target audience’s attention to their product or service. This means a major chunk of marketers are already into it & you should follow suit if you want results.